My thoughts documented...
Depression is debilitating. I was diagnosed at the end of 2014 with depression and anxiety. The struggle is real. I have somehow found a way to function from day to day but it just isn't the same.
I used to be successful. I used to have everything under control. I could go on and on...but was I ever happy? Do I know how to be happy? I have always been a control freak. The past several years have been completely out of my control...or has it?
Step 1: I am in a different place than I used to be...acceptance of what used to be can no longer be. However, it can be better. But where do I begin?
Step 2: I need to accept myself as the way I am today. There are too many positives in my life not to. I have four beautiful children, all of which I love more than they'll ever know. I have an amazing husband whom I have loved more than I have ever loved anything in my life. I finally have my degree...at one point this is what I focused on as if it was the only thing missing in my life. Haha!
Step 3: I need to be more trusting, more forgiving and less judgmental. I need to be a better friend. I need to be a better wife. I need to be a better mother.
I strongly believe that God is preparing me for greater things...
No comments:
Post a Comment